Monday, August 8, 2011

Cantaloupe Lime Smoothie

I seem to be on a smoothie kick.  Summer rolls around and I want something light, cold and refreshing.  Who can blame me, right?

I recently posted a honeydew melon lemonade smoothie that is really good.  I wanted to give cantaloupe it's turn.  This is a light, cold and refreshing smoothie.  Perfect!  The orange and green are pretty together.  I love the lime zest, for taste and color.  This would be a great smoothie to serve at a brunch.
Recipe adapted from Good Housekeeping.

2 cups diced cantaloupe
1/2 teaspoon lime zest
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/3 cup frozen peaches
2 tablespoons honey
2 cups ice cubes

In a blender, combine cantaloupe, lime zest, lime juice, peaches, honey and ice.  Blend until smooth.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment