Thursday, July 7, 2011

Garlic Cheese Bread~ "Claim Jumper"


I love it when I find a restaurant I miss from home in my current area.  Claim Jumper restaurants started in California and all of their locations but two are in the west.  The two that aren't are in driving distance from me here in Illinois.  Lucky me!  One of the things I love at the restaurant is this garlic cheese bread.  It's honestly more of a cheese garlic bread.  The kids love it because it doesn't have a strong garlic taste, having no actual fresh garlic in it.  Great addition to any meal and it's ridiculously easy to make.  Recipe adapted from Todd Wilbur.

1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper
dash of paprika
10 slices Texas toast (thick cut white bread)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.   Combine all the ingredients for the butter in a small bowl.  Spread generously on one side of each slice of Texas toast.  Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese begins to brown and bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment