Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hot Ham & Cheese Dip



I got this recipe off a cracker box years ago and tweaked it a little. My friend Sandra used to ask me to make it whenever we got together. Now that we live in different states, I think fondly of her when I make it! You know those great friends you just miss being around?! It's really simple and quick, a great go to recipe when you kinda don't feel like making anything. I've added chopped red pepper, green chilies, green onion. Add what you love or leave as is.

1 8oz. package cream cheese, softened
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
4 slices smoked ham, chopped (I get the ham from the deli and ask them to slice it in about 1/8 inch slices...you just don't want it too thin)

Mix the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, pepper and ground mustard together. Add the ham and mix until just combined. You don't want to over~mix as the ham will break down.
*If you are going to add any vegetables, add them with the ham.

Transfer mixture to a shallow oven proof dish. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.

Serve warm as a spread with crackers.

2 comments:

  1. boy oh boy this sounds GOOD!! And easy, I like that LOL :) You have a fun blog, I'm glad I found it on foodieblogroll.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, I love your name! Thanks so much for the comment. You can see I'm just starting out, come back again :)

    ReplyDelete